Thread: Running Sims Busting out on Dolphin 4.03 need assistance

Thanks

Default Running Sims Busting out on Dolphin 4.03 need assistance

So it runs a bit laggy, fps 12 -14 Vps 28-56%

I have no idea what those numbers are other than Frames per second? It lags so bad even the sound is lagging. Anyone have any suggestions to possibly clear this up?

Thanks
    EP Points

simple FPS men Frame Per Second you can imagine it as rectangle square with one phase of movement in 1 piece(frame) hero stand in next is do in every frame move down step by step
    human eyes (biology) cant see more fps than 60 so 60 fps are optimal settings
    if laged for you you have 3 things : crappy pc/notebook (weak cpu,old video card)
    2 your settings are too high so your graphic card choke because its too much
    3 you try emulator which is still beta/alpha state or not optimized
    solution turn all filters all high settings like antilising set to lowest resolution+strech it
    (full screen) set up everything to dx9
    next step is test what settings will be good for you try everything slowly
    if you set up 480x320 try 800x600 etc...
    filters to 1x or 2x
    and man really update Dolphin latest is 5.0 in every version bugs are fixed
    https://dolphin-emu.org/?nocr=true and post your hadware here if you have 2 core pc and card like 4350 hd (i have this crap) you cant play in dolphin and even new consoles work will only 2d/3d old ones but nothing higher than amiga for me even ps2 lag like hell
    Research:
    https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Threa...and-percentage

Think of of it like this:

FPS=speed of gpu (how many frames it is drawing per second)

VPS=speed of cpu (max number of frames per second the gpu can draw based on how fast the cpu is running)

Percentage=speed that the game is running at, 100% being fullspeed or the speed that it runs at on the native hardware (the console that's being emulated). The greater the difference is between fps and vps the slower the game will run (in terms of gamespeed, not framerate).
    chutz748
    Unregistered

thanks all for your replies. Let me see if I can get this strait. CPU is the most important spec, so if I had a Core 2 duo, 2.8ghz, with a GTX270 GPU, the GPU would be slowed by the slower CPU, so having a high-end graphics card is stupid unless you have a good CPU to run it.

OK this makes more sense now. so if I get around 22 to 24 FPS with my current system, which is running at about 70 - 80%, this is the best I could hope for unless I upgrade my CPU? Also the percantage then is based on what has to be rendered. There is more to render I guess in hyrule field, than in lake hilia for example, that might explain why my FPS, and percent drop, when just entering hyrule field, and increase for a few seconds when entering another area.
    and here more : as you know good combination with cpu and gpu is most important Intel works best with Geforce cards
    Amd with Ati cards by the same comapany
    Amd is low budget cpu and cant work very well with hig price Geforce card there is abyss between them
    the same is with Intel and Ati so you have the same result
    becouse cpu and gpu must work in pair if not work mean one is weaker you cant play well and have less fps and vps thats all
    thank you for reading
    Last edited by pix07; 14th-November-2016 at 20:37. Reason: more info