Thread: How can I use the Dreamemu emulator?

Thanks

Red face How can I use the Dreamemu emulator?

Hi!
    I downloaded the Dreamemu emulator (http://www.emuparadise.me/Sega_Dream...s/Dreamemu/293) , and downloaded House of the Dead 2 (http://www.emuparadise.me/Sega_Dream...2_(PAL)/51622) but I just cant start it.
    I started the Dreamemu, clicked on file, get to where I extracted the HotD2, But there was no file there... (like it is there when I open it in normal windows file, but when I try to go there with the "file" option of the Dreamemu) I tried all 5 types of the files, like tried to open: IP.BIN, Boot file, VMI, VMS and also tried ISO (after I got it in ISO file as well with PowerISO). I looked up here, but couldnt find any answer. I tried it without extracting the files as well, but no success

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The emulator is from 2003 and did not get as far as some others, reasonably sure it never got as far as to play commercial games only some homebrew

Realistic Dreamcast emulation options are

Reicast (Part of RetroArch)
    Demul (No longer developed)
    NullDC (No longer developed, the last version in windows format officially built is not the last version coded, but the last version is built unofficially and in the files stuck thread [NullDC 1.0.4 r150])

P.S. converting a Dreamcast disc image to iso only destroys the image and makes it un-usable
    Last edited by Zorlon; 1st-September-2016 at 18:32.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I tried with all 3, neither of them worked I extracted the files, and tried like that but it didnt work either...

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Did you get any sort of error messages, if not then exactly what does happen

I can tell you that I know that dump boots in NullDC though

I done boot tests back in May 2013 with NullDC and Demul, results got posted at http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?84702 that dump is the DCP dump so as long as you extracted the cdi image correctly everthing should be good

Though not sure why anyone would play a lightgun game without a lightgun, though the US version lacked Lightgun support

Typing of the Dead (that is just about the same game but you type in it instead of shooting, might be a better option)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 2nd-September-2016 at 14:56.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

First: I try to load them but They just DONT APPEAR... it says that the folders are empty... And I want to play it, because I LOVED the game (like spend more than 30000 FT playing it in the near arcade (Its like 120 USD, which was REALLY REALLY much, like a medium payment in here Hungary is now 150000 FT (600 USD) but we always fcked it up in the end... + I have a laser-pointer with a special monitor (I was in a bed for more than half a year because both legs broke) so I can use it like a Lightgun and I played typing of the dead, and I just suck at it because I write fast but make a MUCH mistakes (english is my second language). Thanks for all the help btw!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

First off that pointing device is going to be of no use with Dreamcast emulation that does not support Lightguns or mice even if you used it as a mouse setup to pad like controls it would still suck

However the game was also released on PC that is going to play much better than emulating a Dreamcast that is difficult to do for some anyway especially only lower end specs as Dreamcast emulation is heavy going and is still not perfect even with the latest Dreamcast emulation development to start with.. Not sure what the PC version supports device wise, mouse maybe that would still be better than emulating the DC version though

The game is also on the Wii and will almost certainly work well with your device providing the game emulates well for you with the emulator called dolphin (the game is House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return)

House of the Dead Overkill is a must play also very funny very much fun (also on the Wii), I had a great time playing that one much more than it's previous installments (and I loved the previous games)

The Wii also has other great rail shooters, loved the Resident Evil Chronicles games (both the original and the Darkside one)

Obviously it has an Arcade port but not sure how playable it is via Arcade emulation

To summarize this though have a look into emulating the Wii and that version of the game, I think your nice laser pointer should work very well with that emulator
    Last edited by Zorlon; 2nd-September-2016 at 18:42.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]