Thread: Need some info (purchasing a computer)

Thanks

Question Need some info (purchasing a computer)

Hi everyone i am planning to buy a msi Nightblade (mi2-005tw) it has a intel core i7 -6700, a nVidia GTX970,DDR5 4GB, a 1TB 7200RPM+128GB 2.5" SSD(128GBx1) hard drive, and DDR4 8GB of ram. Now i may want to upgrade hard drive, ram, and graphic cards however the hard drive and the ram i can easily upgrade them but graphic card i have no idea if it can be upgrade it i want to go from gtx 970 4gb to gtx 1060 6gb have any of you ever done this ????

Thanks
    EP Points

Unplug the old graphics card and plug the new one in. Or even better, don't get a pre built computer and build your own with the GTX 1060 in it in the first place.

Thanks

Hmmmmm well when was doing some research online i did fond msi sell a barebone msi nightblade (mi2) however the mi2 can only use the gtx 970 series and can't go any higher upgrade but msi are selling 2 new barebone rigs call the msi aegis and the aegis x both rigs can take the gtx 1060 upgrade now i need to decide witch rig to buy

Thanks
    EP Points

I take it building your own PC isn't an option for some reason? It's not hard. It's like playing with LEGO, expensive LEGO.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    I take it building your own PC isn't an option for some reason? It's not hard. It's like playing with LEGO, expensive LEGO.
    Well the reason is that i am on a budget i only have around $1800 dollars but you are right it is like lego and i did have a lot of fun building stuff with them and please note the rig i want is barebone meaning i can build it from scratch (in a matter of speaking) it all ready have a motherboard, a cooling fan, a power supply, all cable install, wireless lan, and lot of other stuff in it the only thing it does not have are the cpu, the gpu, harddrives, and the gb rams there are the only thing that are not install here a video and see what i mean https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22d8ZzxmYk0 hope that helps.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That is a bizarre looking box. Tilted at 30degree ... accepts laptop RAM ... ps/2 port ... I don't even know whats included in this thing.
    The description is a jumbled mess of pictures and big magical sounding words, half of which just describes what it supports rather than what it includes. Is it a chassis, mobo and HDD?

I think what Inferno was trying to say is, don't spend extra money on components that you're going to replace. If you want a gtx 1060, don't get a 970 that you're going to remove later on. Also, $1800 is a lot of money.

Thanks
    EP Points

That is the worst tiny tower I've ever seen. I doubt any beastly graphics card will fit in that small cramped POS.

As Jazz said, laptop RAM, lolwut?

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    I also seriously recommend you do it from scratch, its really fun honestly.

I thought it was going to be rocket science but it was one of the most amusing projects I ever did.

Here is the tower I have - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...44&ignorebbr=1

I think its a pretty nice case, plenty of room inside.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Question

They are very nice suggestion but i forgot to mention something on what i am looking for, i need something that is portable and easy to put away when i am not using it the only thing that fit that description would be a gaming laptop also it have to be very powerful to play games like Gta 5, sleeping dogs, resident evil series, and other powerful games on ultra settings (that mean a 4gb graphic card) however i have no idea witch is the best laptop to play super high end games and i am also on a budget i can only spend around $1800 do you guys no anything or recommend would be best suited for me ?????

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com...t-auto-v/12455

Best bet is to look up a game here, then scroll down to Recommended Requirements. This will list specs needed to run the game on High settings which means that the $1259 laptop listed here should run GTAV easily. Note that the laptops on newegg for $1799 are all ~2.6GHz i7 processors but the GPU and RAM should make up for that for newer games on High settings.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

I would mainly suggest the StormForce Tornado Gaming PC - Intel Core i7-4790 Processor, 16GB RAM, 2TB Hard Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770, WiFi, DVD/RW, Blue LED Fans, Windows 8.1 As I own this beast, and it runs flawless on ULTRA in GTA V, and last time I checked it was around £1000 (Around $1250)

EDIT: It may not be as good as the one you are getting, But I easily upgraded from a GTX 770 to a 1080
    Last edited by A F*ckMothering Vampire; 10th-September-2016 at 19:51.