Thread: Why are SEGA Company games so difficult?

Thanks

Default Why are SEGA Company games so difficult?

Hello,
    About two days ago, I started playing Nightshade on PSCSX2 on my laptop.
    And after playing it for three days and recording the game scenes all the way to the Stage 12 ( The Final Boss ), I couldn't defeat that damn boss, I didn't even have idea how to hit it...

I got bored and deleted all the movies I recorded and stopped playing that game, I was thinking of playing Shinobi after that but deleted Shinobi as well right before playing it because it is just the same as Nightshade.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Rage quitting won't make you a better player :/

Thanks

Hehehehe....
    But I am that kind of person, I quit the game as soon I find it difficult no matter where I got in the game.
    It even made me DELETE all the 60 videos I recorded until the final boss.

Thanks
    EP Points

This is totally me when i played Nightshade's NES version
    "What the f*** were you gonna do, laugh the last three to death, Funny-Man?"

Thanks

I am like you solidsnake, hehehe. I get bored so fast when I find the game hard even if you are fighting the last boss to see the end.

But as far as I remember, Shining Force Neo is a SEGA game, but it wasn't that hard, I managed to beat it though I had to use a Code Breaker DVD at the last boss as well, Vandolf.
    It always becomes so difficult for me when fighting the last boss.

I think any game is like this NOT just SEGA, but SEGA is making it more difficult.
    If you played Shinobi - Return of the Ninja Master on SEGA Genesis, you will also find it so difficult at that red-colored stage where there is a maze and when you're fighting a boss that comes out from different windows and swings his long hair and you have to figure out where the main one is. The moon stage was also a pain...

Thanks to this F1 quick save feature, If I hadn't used this, I would have to restart the stage from the beginning every time I lose like what exactly happened while I am playing this Shit Nightshade.

Going to play The Mark of Kri on PCSX2, hope it isn't difficult as well.

17298_back.jpg

Hehehe, looks like it's going to take a time as well, You have to defeat many enemies.

Again, my laptop struggles with that game and I had to use (Hardware) settings in Video Plugins for better gameplay.

Damn! It sucks up the CPU as well. The temp goes to 77 and then sticks to between 70-74 when the fan starts to work out loud.

Hey guys. Hope for me the CPU be Okay at that point. But the problem I am worried about now is the continuous work of the fan. Hope that be OK as well?
    Last edited by BlackCitadel; 19th-August-2016 at 04:52.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The fan is doing what it is supposed to by keeping the temperature down. If you want a quieter way to cool your system you will probably want to build your own PC with a liquid cooling system, or quiet fans if you can find them.

If you think the fan is much louder than it should be, you may want to take your computer in for service. Any computer should be cleaned regularly, including the fans. Laptops can be difficult to put back together properly so have a professional do it if you don't have experience.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

Well, gave up that game as well, it reminds me of the Stonehenge age hehehe, I don't like that type it's also heavy on the CPU. Gonna play it on my slim ps2 someday.
    And the best thing my fan can do is to say AAAAHHHHH...........
    Playing TMNT. It's good and reminds me of the NES TMNT.

skullpoker,
    Thank you very much for that.
    I really noticed that when the fan is spinning the temperature stays at 75. Rarely when it hits 80 C.

And no, it's not very loud. I don't hear any noise coming from it. I only hear a loud sound of air, but NOT noise.
    And the fast spinning of the fan stops right after I close PCSX2 or any game.

I have another question...
    does the fan stop working if it continuously spins? Or is it designed for that and I shouldn't worry?

But what I do is play for 20-30 minutes then close PCSX2 and rest for 10-15 minutes so the CPU gets cooler again and the fan stops spinning so fast as well, so do you think this is OK?

I read in many sites that the fan is designed to spin no matter how many hours it spins, but some people say that it accumulates dust when it continues to spin for long periods.

Oh my god. It's not just gaming. While I am watching movies online, the temp reaches 78 C and when I look at the task manager, I don't see any CPU usage. Oh and does watching movies online have to do with the CPU?
    Last edited by BlackCitadel; 19th-August-2016 at 13:30.

Thanks
    EP Points

It's using the processor, watching videos online. Probably HD videos, which are quite hard on CPUs I'd imagine.

Now, is this a thread about CPU temperatures and fan speeds, or is it a thread about hard SEGA games?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Yeah, lets stay on topic: super hard SEGA games only.

Thanks

Sonic games are always hard when you first start playing them. They take time to get good at, but once you do it feels rewarding

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Sort of like performing fellatio on yourself, that.

The only SEGA game I've played - I think - in the last decade is Infinite Space for the NDS. It was reeeeeeeeeeally awesome and sort of time consuming; but after three or so hours it wasn't difficult at all. I want my money back from this thread!

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks

Only the American localizations were hard in the genesis era. That was done to mitigate rentals. The game companies in Japan managed to get game rentals banned since the 80s. They lobbied to do the same in the US but they failed. So, some companies made the US localizations harder to prevent people from beating rentals in a day.