Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PS Vita hacked: full system access enabled for homebrew

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I hope custom firmware comes from this, as there's at least one game coming in the future that I want to play, and I just know they'll force a firmware update for it, considering how blown open the system now is. I really don't want to have to buy a second machine just for that.
    Last edited by Aeolus Aeneas; 3rd-August-2016 at 21:27.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by a500+ View Post

what was you expecting?
    the hanging gardens of babylon, herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically by?
    WIP.
    give it time, plenty of time. (still in beta stage.)
    These emulators were able to be installed by earlier exploits like vhbl and tn-v dating as far back as 2012. HENkaku and molecule are not even a hack. They are simply one more exploit to run an FTP to your memory card; the Vita installs the VPK's for you. There has been plenty of time to improve the emulators in so many years. My biggest complaint is that other users make claims of gardens and wildebeest.

Thanks
    EP Points

Exclamation

^^ well, it appears you had no stake in it's development or creation, so it's just too bad. (unless i miss something? please lay it on me if so.)
    this is tackled on a totally different level, the way the memory addresses are referenced.
    all sorts of dev madness right there, not least a total remap of how the emu goes about itself internally.
    you got some free shit by a hack.
    from this standpoint, not likely to pull some daft OFW update for it, but it's worth tipping hat to all the same.
    it' for anybody willing to try for free.
    btw, couple of nes devs at you know where. feel free to point out your observations, they maybe able to offer pointers? (then again... )
    [edit]
    still mean spirited i see.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    These emulators were able to be installed by earlier exploits like vhbl and tn-v dating as far back as 2012. HENkaku and molecule are not even a hack. They are simply one more exploit to run an FTP to your memory card; the Vita installs the VPK's for you. There has been plenty of time to improve the emulators in so many years. My biggest complaint is that other users make claims of gardens and wildebeest.
    Seems that isn't the case:
    http://wololo.net/2016/08/07/henkaku...se-engineered/
    This seems to confirm, for those who still doubted it, that HENkaku indeed ships with a Kernel exploit. The Kernel vulnerability apparently lies in some APIs of the Vita’s Network library (SceNet).

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.