Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How much would you pay for a Dreamcast in 2016?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by KAWAiiMrMonster View Post
    He didn't ask for market value. He asked for what we thought was a 'reasonable' price to pay for a basic setup.

I gave him my honest opinion. Anything over 1o bucks is too much. UNLESS you are a collector and want a pristine condition or Japanese version. Obviously he isn't gonna get that for $10.

It goes without saying that we wanna pay as little as possible for whatever we buy so I'm not sure why you would passive/aggressively point that out. My reply to OP was quite a bit more substantial than "cheap as possible". smh.
    It's a fairly safe presumption that they want to know the current average rate for a DC. Especially when mentioning not wanting to get ripped off and price variance on eBay.

We get that you think more than $10 is too much, it's just not a reasonable expectation.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Send me what you have and you don't have to pay me anything.
    Eh? Did you mean to reply to someone else's comment and quote mine by mistake?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I would guess that even in the UK you would have to pay more than $10us. To me that seems more like a deal you would get from a garage (yard) sale.

Eh? Did you mean to reply to someone else's comment and quote mine by mistake?
    That's how much I'm willing to pay atm. Send me your stuff

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

He didn't ask for market value. He asked for what we thought was a 'reasonable' price to pay for a basic setup.

I gave him my honest opinion. Anything over 1o bucks is too much. UNLESS you are a collector and want a pristine condition or Japanese version. Obviously he isn't gonna get that for $10.

It goes without saying that we wanna pay as little as possible for whatever we buy so I'm not sure why you would passive/aggressively point that out. My reply to OP was quite a bit more substantial than "cheap as possible". smh.
    Yeah but it stands to reason that he was somewhat interested to know around market value based on the way he phrased his post. I'm not trying to invalidate your opinion by any means. If a Dreamcast is worth $10 to you than that's what it is worth to you. For the same reason there are plenty of older games I won't have, they go for more than I am willing to pay. It's just not necessarily a realistic expectation for him, which is what he was asking for. Though he is in the UK, so I really can't speak to UK pricing. It takes more effort than walking into a store to get one for $10, and maybe it would take months to do so tbh. Maybe he doesn't have the patience for that, which I assume is one of the main driving points for anyone paying market value for video game items. I added that light sarcasm on account of $10 being pretty low. That was the point which I am sure you understood, of course anyone would want something 1/3 of the going rate. $35 or so really is hardly any money at all these days, though it does depend on your financial situation of course.

Thanks
    EP Points

No double posting please.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I would guess that even in the UK you would have to pay more than $10us. To me that seems more like a deal you would get from a garage (yard) sale.

That's how much I'm willing to pay atm. Send me your stuff
    I have no idea as to what 'stuff' you refer. Have a nice day.

Thanks
    EP Points

I have no idea as to what 'stuff' you refer. Have a nice day.
    The Dreamcast console and related times you got for $10. You paid virtually nothing for that and I want it.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

And you are who?
    Of what concern to you is my reply-- to someone who is not you-- giving my assessment of a 'reasonable price' for a basic Dreamcast setup? He asked for our thoughts on a 'reasonable' price and I gave him mine. Don't really care if you 'get' that I think more than 10 is too much. Likewise, I could care less what you think is a reasonable expectation. Go about your business and don't worry about what I say in reply to someone else's questions.

Really no reason to debate what I might think a reasonable price is, is there? He asked. I answered. The end.
    It's a public post on a public forum, making it anyone's concern? I disagree with your assessment and commented on it.

Thanks
    EP Points

double post was not intentional, deadlegion, the 2nd post was meant to be deleted. Obviously I failed. Apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Оak View Post
    It's a public post on a public forum, making it anyone's concern? I disagree with your assessment and commented on it.
    Of course you are right, Gary Oak. Clearly I am taking things personally that weren't personal. My apologies to all.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 18th-July-2016 at 02:04. Reason: merged posts

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Deleting posts can be done with the full editor or clicking the delete button and then selecting the 'delete message' button/option. You shouldn't need a reason for deleting (I didn't).

Which is why it looks like you double posted again in spite of not doing it.

Thanks
    EP Points

double post was not intentional, deadlegion, the 2nd post was meant to be deleted. Obviously I failed. Apologies.
    It's ok I'm not threatening violence or anything No need to apologise as you're new and little things like that happen. As long as you're aware and don't constantly keep doing it outside the Hang Out you'll be fine

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

The Dreamcast console and related times you got for $10. You paid virtually nothing for that and I want it.
    Ah, I see. Well, given the fact that I bought one at system launch for the full retail price, and shortly thereafter had a dead console on my hands, I kinda feel like Sega actually owes me ten dollars.

To everyone else in the thread, apologies for my less than cordial behavior. I promise I am really NOT a troublemaker.
    Last edited by KAWAiiMrMonster; 18th-July-2016 at 02:12.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Dreamcasts definitely break easily (relative to other consoles in the same gen), which is something to keep in mind. I've had one Dreamcast die on my over the years. The other Sega system that broke was my Gamegear which was no surprise given the poor caps they used.

Edit: Actually I just remembered I bought a Silver slim PS2 brand new (from Target iirc) and the laser went dead in under 6 months.

I believe those were the only ones, so not too bad considering how many consoles I have had over the years.
    Last edited by Gypsy; 18th-July-2016 at 02:15.

Thanks
    EP Points

My first original Xbox console stopped working within warranty and I got it exchanged for a newer version. Besides that I've never had any huge issues, although I do have a Japanese PSX with a dead laser atm (it served me well for many years) and one PS2 fat with a dead laser. Both those Sony consoles are chipped but I have working spares of both.

To everyone else in the thread, apologies for my less than cordial behavior. I promise I am really NOT a troublemaker.
    Chill dude, you only seem to be attracting troublemakers

Spoiler warning:

15. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

My first original Xbox console stopped working within warranty and I got it exchanged for a newer version. Besides that I've never had any huge issues, although I do have a Japanese PSX with a dead laser atm (it served me well for many years) and one PS2 fat with a dead laser. Both those Sony consoles are chipped but I have working spares of both.
    Xbox's almost always end up with that damn tray issue. What drive is in the system is fairly important, though it can always be fixed.

Chill dude, you only seem to be attracting troublemakers
    I'll behave now, promise.