Thread: VBA (Visual Boy Advance) Controls screwing up?

Thanks

Default VBA (Visual Boy Advance) Controls screwing up?

Hello, I've had to make an account here just to get this out there, since I cannot find it ANYWHERE ELSE! And the issue I found most similar had a simple solution that did not work for me, but was not what my issue was persay. Was about 5 years ago that occured.

OK!

Here's the situation. Back in May 2016, I downloaded the VBA emulator version 1.8.0, because I saw a ROM hack called Dragonball Z Team Training, which was a modified version of Pokemon Fire Red.

I had no issues with the game back then when I downloaded it, and the only thing I was having trouble with was the saving error that seemed to be bugging lots of people and was easily fixed.

Now that I read up on that to fix it this time around (cuz back then I did not), I figured I could get some pokemon in before Sun and Moon, in the form of DBZ since its amazing.

But I have a new issue now....

It starts as I open the VBA program. It opens normally and everything is fine. I changed the save system thingy to the 128k version because the 64k was having issues? Anyways. Even without doing that, I get the same issue.

I then open the file and let it run. No issues, except that for some reason it turns my Window's Aero effects (the windows transparency/color/etc in windows 7) to BASIC. Besides looking ugly as puke, its whatever if I can play, and it fixes once the VBA closes. BTW this only happens when I open the ROM.

The next part baffles me....

Once the game starts up and I hit ANY key on my keyboard, (to skip the pokemon's infamous opening scene of the battle, which leads to the "Press Start" menu), it flashes the "Screen Capture" red text in the bottom left, and then nothing works.
    Game runs fine, nothing seems to be amiss... But no key input works at all! I go into the configs to see whats up (options menu>joystick>config1), and it magically turns everything one by one, down the list, to F12! I have no idea why this happens, and the first time i had the emulator it NEVER did this. I've tried deleting everyhting and re-downloading, that never fixes it. I tried to delete just the config for the VBA, but it dont work either. the roms and VBA are all up to date, so I don't get the issue. Theres no similar issue around that I've noticed and nothing I've tried fixes it! I'm pretty good at troubleshooting myself, and I just can't seem to fix this problem no matter what I do.

I've tried Admin running as well, nothing differs from the above stated problem.

Please help me, I really wanna play and I have no freaking clue whats wrong. Same laptop and specs as back in May, and its now July. So I don't get the issues..

Thanks in advance for anyone's help!

Thanks
    EP Points

It's good to see I'm not alone in this! I'm running into the same problem. Pressing NumLk used to work for me on Windows 7, but that doesn't work on Windows 10.