Thread: Name a game that is good on console, but horrible to emulate

Thanks

Default Name a game that is good on console, but horrible to emulate

For me, it'd be Mortal Kombat Armageddon for Wii, on emulator it's just.. Awful

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Silent Hill Origins on PSP and Yu-Gi-Oh Tag Force series on PSP, Silent Hill has some strange programming to Emulation errors and Tag Force has some annoying card cutoff that seems tricky to emulate/understand.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Black (visual garbage)
    Jak & Daxter The Precursor Legacy (always graphics glitches and eyes missing)

Other than that though not many games are that hard to run on my intel XEON.
    Intel XEON E5640 4.46ghz * 8GB 1700mhz Kingston * ASUS P6X58D-E * GeForce GTX 670 2GB SC

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

PS1 Diablo. Never had that emulate well. I have gotten into the cathedral once, which then froze loading the second floor.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    PS1 Diablo. Never had that emulate well. I have gotten into the cathedral once, which then froze loading the second floor.
    Good thing it's a computer game .

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

Resident evil 2 N64 is easily the worst to emulate decent port bad emulation you would have to play in on emulator to belive me

Thanks

Mega Man Battle Network 4 (GBA) is horrible to emulate. The game freezes a lot during battle when certain Navi chips are used (GutsMan is the most common one where this happens. WindMan also counts), the WoodMan scenario is broken, thus making the game impossible to 100%.
    AquaMan MVP

Drip!

Thanks

Body Harvest for the 64. I played god knows how much of this game as a kid on the console with no glitches of any kind. Emulated, it wrecks collision detection. Wanna jump in a car? Open a door? Walk more than five steps? Somehow mystically managed to reach a bridge? Yeah, no, any of those actions results in you falling through the ground.

Thanks

the Guitar Hero/Rock band games while some of the older one works fine the others (*Cough* Metallica*Cough-cough*) has like 5 fps

Thanks

...actually, screw my last post, Mega Man Battle Network 4 emulates terribly on console as well. The game freezes both on a GPA SP (wich by the way came 1 year before this game) and on the DS. Everything that happens on emulators also happens on those two consoles.
    AquaMan MVP

Drip!

Thanks

Gauntlet Legends for the N64. Even if you somehow get it running, it's slow as hell and the GUI is always broken.

Thanks

Destroy All Humans! 2 on the PS2. A fun game to play if you can buy a copy, but pretty annoying to try to emulate. Objects like trees and bushes cycle through messed up textures, shadow effects aren't displayed correctly, sometimes dialogue options don't appear on screen, flying the saucer results in a red layer of something covering the screen and nearby pedestrians will fall halfway through the ground and die, making it almost impossible to abduct anyone.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneNetBattler View Post
    Mega Man Battle Network 4 (GBA) is horrible to emulate. The game freezes a lot during battle when certain Navi chips are used (GutsMan is the most common one where this happens. WindMan also counts), the WoodMan scenario is broken, thus making the game impossible to 100%.
    Technically the Woodman.exe bit isn't "broken", it just experiences extreme lag. If you leave the game alone for like 20 minutes it'll come out of the black screen... of course, once you enter a new battle it'll do exactly the same thing for another 20 or so minutes.

Thanks
    EP Points

I played through megaman battle network 4 on VisualBoyAdvance 1.7.1 a couple years back, never had any lag or freezing of any kind.

Thanks

Alias (PAL) for PS2. It won't work on emulator at all, but of course works perfectly on my PS2. Great game.
    Same goes for Zone of the Enders (PAL) for PS2. Even with 8GB of ram I get "out of memory error" every 30 minutes on emulator.
    Game works perfectly on PS2 and is a great game as well.
    Last edited by MegaVolt; 16th-August-2016 at 17:21.