Thread: Dolphin Crashing

Thanks

Default Dolphin Crashing

So I changed computers recently, from my dad's desktop to a laptop. Dolphin, which ran fine on the desktop, now crashes after 10 minutes of play or so. This is confirmed for at least Wind Waker, Xenoblade Chronicles, and Fire Emblem Path of Radiance. My Nvidia drivers are on the latest version, I have an i7 skylake processor, an nvidia gtx 970 graphics card, 16 gb of ram, 512 gb of ssd, & windows 10. Not stellar specs, but good enough it should handle dolphin without any major issues, and the specs are better than the desktop. Now, I was wondering where I should go from here. The best I can think of is a patch from dolphin buried in one of their experimental models (i use the latest version marked "stable"), an external driver outside of nvidia that might fix the issue, or a scenario I haven't thought of here. One of them is causing me issues, and any guidance is appreciated.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I presume you are on a 64bit OS not a 32bit OS

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=48145 is needed by dolphin (remove any manually downloaded dll files)

asides from that not sure apart from installing dolphin while any antivirus software is disabled to make sure that does not remove anything it should not during install

The stable version is still a good place to start but dev versions from the build bot will have extra fixes implemented.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-June-2016 at 08:32.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Thanked 2,829 Times in 104 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There is something else you should try.
    There might be some config files residing in my documents from previous usage of dolphin.
    If u wanna test separate builds for one game i suggest making portable.txt in dolphin folder which would force emulator to use folders within its folder and not my documents.

I need to ask , are u sure u are playing GameCube Game? And not perhaps Wii version of Fire Emblem?
    Because Wii version is highly unstable and tend to crash randomly in emulator.

ALSO it is known that "stable" release is unstable in Windows 10 that is most likely 4.0.2 (which is from 2014 or something like that)
    it will crash and it will crash a lot in win10

You should really get latest build from here
    https://dolphin-emu.org/download/

Also on side note, if u wanna make ur life easier while enjoying games in emulation, i would honestly suggest to use this build instead of "official" dolphin
    https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Threa...custom-version
    It made a world of difference in world of emulation for me. The joy of not a single hickup and supersonic speed in any game is beyond measure

Have fun!
    Last edited by IcemanSR; 9th-June-2016 at 09:57.
    Full List of my uploads here (Fixed link ) Only members can access blog.

Quote Ragnar:
    Warning* New downloaders. DO NOT install Jdownloader with the web installer, it contains malware. Get the offline installer, or JD2. Or try CryptLoad or Mipony.

Do NOT decrypt and or repost my links anywhere!
    All my uploads are on MEGA
    DLC IS NOT GAME! DLC is to be used with Jdownloader to Download GAME!
    paypal.me/IceLancer

Thanks

@Zorlon
    I tried the C++ update and it didn't solve the issue, will try a reinstall of dolphin or give a newer build a try next.
    @Iceman
    Yeah, I'm sure it's the gc fire emblem. I downloaded the wii one too, but I was going to finish the first game before playing it. As far as this unofficial build goes, what differentiates it from "official" dolphin? Also, if I were to download official dolphin, would downloading the latest experimental version be the way to go? What kind of potential glitches are there that the stable version may lack?

Anyway, thanks to both of you, you were very helpful.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,829 Times in 104 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

But i just told you ..
    "stable" version is released 2014.. that is 2 years behind the git build. And its called Development versions not experimental. Official builds are link i gave you.
    I also said what Ishiiruka build is. Lightning fast and hickups free build.
    Full List of my uploads here (Fixed link ) Only members can access blog.

Quote Ragnar:
    Warning* New downloaders. DO NOT install Jdownloader with the web installer, it contains malware. Get the offline installer, or JD2. Or try CryptLoad or Mipony.

Do NOT decrypt and or repost my links anywhere!
    All my uploads are on MEGA
    DLC IS NOT GAME! DLC is to be used with Jdownloader to Download GAME!
    paypal.me/IceLancer

Thanks

Alright, I tried downloading the unofficial dolphin you recommended. I only tested Wind Waker, but it worked for at least and hour and a half with no issues, so I think my problem is solved. Thank you!