Thread: Missing old days, and that christmas

Thanks

Default Missing old days, and that christmas

When I was a child, me and my brother would go to the arcades. Enjoying the days of playing Mortal Kombat a quarter at a time. The pride we had to get out and have fun not having to be home around the family's issues. Those were the days, either an arcade or a 15 inch TV to play my NES. Whatever happened to those days? Just seems alot of the newer gamers/generations don't know of the traditions that were of the early 90's. Ohio's mortal kombat tournaments were the best days of my life. Than get home and play Super mario 3. Although I had to share the NES with my brother, I ended up owning my first game system. And in 1998 Christmas morning was one morning I couldn't forget where my mother would tell me not to be sad because she couldn't afford much, which always was making me realize that my family was on a low income. I woke up to one box under the tree for me, which inside revealed my very own Nintendo 64. The games that came with was the games I binged on in my childhood after a rough school day. Diddy Kong Racing, Goldeneye and 2 remotes. The Nintendo 64 was beyond anything I have ever played., Even though the mortal kombat games just werent the same, the games itself were just amazing to say the least. Goldeneye 007, Diddy Kong Racing, Fighter's Destiny and WWF No mercy were the examples of why my childhood issues with family and not having much family didn't matter one bit because it kept my mind off of it. My mother got me game systems so she wouldn't have to deal with me. The best answer to their theory is it worked! Not only did they keep me quiet, they kept me busy and out of trouble. I couldn't complain either way to say the least. I wasn't dealt the best hand when it came to a complete healthy family. But god dammit, I was for sure fed and entertained. So would I wish I had a father instead of my memories where my brother and I bonded with that Nintendo? Never.
    Anyone wanna share examples of an experience in gaming lifestyle/memories that you miss?
    Would love to hear the stories
    Last edited by Skrubbyohio; 27th-May-2016 at 18:26. Reason: Grammer :D
    <-Sanity->