Thread: Metal Arms Language problem

Thanks

Default Metal Arms Language problem

Hi guys, at first im sorry for my bad English

I have a Problem with the Game Metal Arms for Gamecube.
    I use the newest Dolphin version and the EU Version of the game but everytime i start the game is in English but i want to Play in German.
    In the Settings of Dolphin i already set the System Language to German but it wont help.
    I Remember that the PS2 version of the game has a Language Change screen after you start it but not here at the Gamecube version.
    I also tried to download a Bios for dophin and didnt skip the Bios screen but after that there is still no Language Change Screen and its still in english.

I hope you understand me

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Are you sure the dump you have includes German language?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Switching language in Dolphin is just for the emulator itself.

If it is capable of German, try looking for an option in the game itself or once the game first loads.

After looking around the PS2 version (pal) supports multi language including German. Couldn't find anything for the Cube version unless there's a full German release but couldn't find anything.

Thanks

I think a have the Multi Language Cube version from the game. i got the "Metal arms Glitch in the system (Europe) version from Emu Paradise.
    It is possible that this version is English only ?

Thanks
    EP Points

Redump only has one NGC EU version listed, and it's English only:
    http://redump.org/disc/16342/

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

hm ok then i think i have no choise
    Thank you for your help

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Killerfliege View Post
    hm ok then i think i have no choise
    Thank you for your help
    Well idk, just because the single EU version listed on redump only has English doesn't necessarily mean a German version doesn't exist.
    It may exist, and it may have been dumped but data never submitted on redump (they're a little restrictive...you can't even register there atm, and I don't think you can access all their dump info unregistered).

Spoiler warning:

8. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Game-ID : GM5D7D Is complete German. I found info on this website here: http://ogdb.eu/index.php?section=game&gameid=62842

But these are the only releases i found floating around the web:
    Metal_Arms_Glitch_In_The_System_PAL_NGC_WORKING_iN TERNAL_For_Wii-SUNSHiNE(Game-ID : GM5P7D)
    Metal_Arms_PAL_NGC-PeNiS(Game-ID : GM5P7D)
    Metal.Arms.Glitch.in.the.System.usa.Full.GC-LOONYCUBE(Game-ID : GM5E7D)

I would be so happy if there is someone kind enough to rip this game and post it to the Community
    Last edited by 77Pete77; 15th-July-2016 at 16:39.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by 77Pete77 View Post
    Game-ID : GM5D7D Is complete German. I found info on this website here: http://ogdb.eu/index.php?section=game&gameid=62842

But these are the only releases i found floating around the web:
    Metal_Arms_Glitch_In_The_System_PAL_NGC_WORKING_iN TERNAL_For_Wii-SUNSHiNE(Game-ID : GM5P7D)
    Metal_Arms_PAL_NGC-PeNiS(Game-ID : GM5P7D)
    Metal.Arms.Glitch.in.the.System.usa.Full.GC-LOONYCUBE(Game-ID : GM5E7D)

I would be so happy if there is someone kind enough to rip this game and post it to the Community
    Post a request for the German version here:
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...-Gamecube-Only

Make sure you mention the common PAL dumps that are widely available don't have German.

I'm actually wondering if the German version is edited in some way making it different from other releases I played the game briefly a very long time ago so I don't recall if there was anything that might have been removed or changed (I know Germany has some odd laws about certain things...I'm not talking about violence and adult themes).

Spoiler warning:

11. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

As far as i know German-versions are often restricted in expressing violence and also the bloodcolour is changed to something harmless very often. This is anoying as an adult should know by himself/herself what he/she can stand. Also nazi-symbols are often edited or wiped but thats good because such games unedited were often misused by neofashists to atract younger people.

But i don't see a reason why this one should have been edited. Do you?
    Last edited by 77Pete77; 15th-July-2016 at 23:09.

Thanks
    EP Points

It's the nazi symbolism and stuff being changed that's odd. I mean I get that there's some shame involved, but I understand it even gets edited in historical shooters.
    As for recruiting young people to extreme right wing groups; I don't believe that's a valid point at all. If some people feel out of place in society they will find encouragement to do bad things no matter what.
    You could use a similar argument for just about anything...ban all violence and criminal activity in games because that's making players hurt/kill people and break the law irl.

The only kinds of censorship I can understand are removing rape related stuff and anything to do with molesting children, even if presented in a non-serious manner.

Anyway for the game in question; as I said I only played it briefly a very long time ago so I don't remember if there was anything that could be edited. I think I have a dump of the original Xbox version.
    I did a quick google earlier and someone had a review that said the enemies have German accents

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

1.Off course if you are talented in speach you can argument for just about anything.

2.And yes rape related stuff and anything to do with molesting children is useless in games, is offending and disturbing and should generally be banned from games.

3.Oh, my English is not good enough to recognice these mentioned accents.

I tried the PS2-version yesterday. And yes the Pal-multi5-version has German audio and cutscenes. But now I have a real reason for prefering the NGC-version. The controls are much more responding on Nintendont/Wii much better than OPL/PS2.