Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ridiculous video game let-downs

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    then you get to the final boss and it's just QTEs
    That reminds me of Golden Abyss, except all the boss fights are screen slapping QTEs .

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

Godzilla. The movie rendition most recently. I am a HUGE Zilla fan and I suffered a colossal letdown after much hype, pre-order, more hype, delay w/more hype. Released, and I felt like I paid $60 for a $15-20 steam game. Looking forward to Toho taking over for the next movie.

Thanks

i cant believe DESTINY hasnt been mentioned.months of "fluffer" promo videos when it came out it was just grind the same maps and dailys over and over until you are level capped. i remember hearing things from bungie like "the culmination of 10 years of game creating to make what we finally wanted to make all along". which was a game based (kind of) on halo with no story line (unless you wanted to spend your time reading e-cards) with no real build on the halo story. still looking for a good scifi rpg that isnt fallout or free 2 play. i had hopes for phantesy star 2 online but since it became such a pain in the butt to download a "western" copy i gave up.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Destiny hasn't been mentioned because the few people here that do play it are are ashamed.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by phydeux77 View Post
    i cant believe DESTINY hasnt been mentioned.months of "fluffer" promo videos when it came out it was just grind the same maps and dailys over and over until you are level capped. i remember hearing things from bungie like "the culmination of 10 years of game creating to make what we finally wanted to make all along". which was a game based (kind of) on halo with no story line (unless you wanted to spend your time reading e-cards) with no real build on the halo story. still looking for a good scifi rpg that isnt fallout or free 2 play. i had hopes for phantesy star 2 online but since it became such a pain in the butt to download a "western" copy i gave up.
    Mass Effect is great and has RPG elements.

Thanks

Newbie here, thought I'd join in with the discussion, I'm going to have to say Resident Evil 5, after the whole franchise was doing so well, the let down of all let downs would have to be that.

Going from having nightmares, to thinking wtf is this s**t!

I enjoyed the scare factor, the only thing that made me close enough to jump was when you are first introduced to mr chainsaw dude. The rest was like, meh...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by phydeux77 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Destiny hasn't been mentioned because the few people here that do play it are are ashamed.
    Do I rant? Because I can rant

And I'm not ashamed, nor do I play it anymore

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Stark View Post
    For me the biggest let down was legacy of kain soul reaver. I had gotten to the last dungeon. It was showing me all these cool cut scenes leading up the final battle. The final battle (which at this point I didn't think was a final battle) was a piece of cake and I follow Kain into a portal only to be greeted by this random guy who talks about my destiny then.....

Spoiler warning:

To be continued

Up to that point I don't think I've ever played a game that ended like that. The sad thing is that there will never be a resolution to that series. All we get is a left 4 dead style shooter, which if I recall correctly is having the servers shut down soon. Oh well. Suppose we can look forward to the Nosgoth racing game.
    There are 4 sequels. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legacy_of_Kain not that I have played anything past LoK:SR

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Mass Effect 2

What better way to fuck up a sequel to a middle market game than to make it AAA and just start ripping shit out wholesale? Remember when you could land on planets in a cool tank and explore? Fuck that shit, have some goddamned probes instead to find minerals to buy upgrades to a brand new, state-of-the-art spaceship! Remember weapons needing a slight cooldown between firing, and even that could be removed with friction-less materials? HA HA! HAVE A TERRIBLE AMMO SYSTEM TO SATE THE THIRD PERSON SHOOTER CROWD! And while we're at it, fuck your ability to equip actual gear and we'll just remove almost all skill point customization options, because it's not like you'll miss those. Ammo types? Nah, just have some squad powers so you're shackled to using specific character in specific missions even if you don't like them. Remember that whole Reaper threat? Feh, just ignore that. The Geth? Oh yeah, only a few of them were bad guys and we replaced them with another species that is almost the same only organic this time around. Lore? Nah, we're not going to keep that shit straight, so have a loyalty mission with people from 10 years ago who have all the same shit created years after they left and let's just ignore EVERY. SINGLE. THING. we learned about Cerberus in the first game! The nature of Reapers themselves? Oh yeah, let's fuck them up as well because why not. That final boss? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! FUCK YOU! The suicide mission? Even if you do all the loyalty missions and assume you have a good idea of who to put into what role, expect to fail a lot of it because logic was never considered at all in the roles so either suck it up and take the deaths or use a guide! And, of course, killing off the main character within the first five minutes and then just ignore the implications, the soul searching, the mental impact, the possible character growth (because Shepard is always a brick)... just so you can customize their appearance.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Mass Effect is great and has RPG elements.
    The game systems in the first are definitely the best in the series.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    Mass Effect 2

What better way to fuck up a sequel to a middle market game than to make it AAA and just start ripping shit out wholesale? Remember when you could land on planets in a cool tank and explore? Fuck that shit, have some goddamned probes instead to find minerals to buy upgrades to a brand new, state-of-the-art spaceship! Remember weapons needing a slight cooldown between firing, and even that could be removed with friction-less materials? HA HA! HAVE A TERRIBLE AMMO SYSTEM TO SATE THE THIRD PERSON SHOOTER CROWD! And while we're at it, fuck your ability to equip actual gear and we'll just remove almost all skill point customization options, because it's not like you'll miss those. Ammo types? Nah, just have some squad powers so you're shackled to using specific character in specific missions even if you don't like them. Remember that whole Reaper threat? Feh, just ignore that. The Geth? Oh yeah, only a few of them were bad guys and we replaced them with another species that is almost the same only organic this time around. Lore? Nah, we're not going to keep that shit straight, so have a loyalty mission with people from 10 years ago who have all the same shit created years after they left and let's just ignore EVERY. SINGLE. THING. we learned about Cerberus in the first game! The nature of Reapers themselves? Oh yeah, let's fuck them up as well because why not. That final boss? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! FUCK YOU! The suicide mission? Even if you do all the loyalty missions and assume you have a good idea of who to put into what role, expect to fail a lot of it because logic was never considered at all in the roles so either suck it up and take the deaths or use a guide! And, of course, killing off the main character within the first five minutes and then just ignore the implications, the soul searching, the mental impact, the possible character growth (because Shepard is always a brick)... just so you can customize their appearance.
    I'm playing ME: 2 for the first time right now. Never liked the first and just did the opening mission and said bleh and left it.

As for the second it's terribly mediocre, easy, and pretty boring. I dunno why people get all crazy over these games.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    I'm playing ME: 2 for the first time right now. Never liked the first and just did the opening mission and said bleh and left it.

As for the second it's terribly mediocre, easy, and pretty boring. I dunno why people get all crazy over these games.
    Sprung is going to come for your ass

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm slowly playing through the first Mass Effect game(have the trilogy) for the first time at the moment. I'm only putting in a couple hours a week, but so far i'm up the the point where you get command of the ship for the first time.(its name escapes me right now) The game seems okay so far, but at a glance there is too many conversation options with npcs. I feel like i spend more time talking to them for codex entries(and the occasional sidequest) than i do actually playing the game

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sheras View Post
    Sprung is going to come for your ass

Prepare your anus, good sir! Sprung's a comin'

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post

Why would you play the sequel to a game you disliked too the point of dropping it?