Thread: Block Windows 10, the SpyWareOperatingSystem

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Block Windows 10, the SpyWareOperatingSystem

Hmm, windows new OS puts ads on your system whether you want them or not, downloads unwanted programs, attempts to hijack your OS and replace it with spyware, and just generally behaves like malware all around. For any of you savvy enough to grasp what WinX actually is, you have probably already done your homework to find out how to block it being installed. But I have been having performance problems since I haven't run Windows Update since 9/9/2015 and decided to look into it. That's when I found this new app that claims to actively block many GWX downloads and apps in the background, and is featured on majorgeeks and other tech sites.

http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/ is where you can find GWX Control Panel. I hope it helps some of you who don't want that trash hijacking your PC and blocking you from going back to a decent OS. Cheers!

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Windohs 10 "IS" spyware.

https://github.com/Nummer/Destroy-Wi...pying/releases

Can't trust closed source tools either like the one in your post, the one I posted gets the job done and is safe.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I can't be sure but this looks like something for when you already have Windows 10. Is that right?

The one I have is supposed to block Win10 from downloading and installing on your system. I don't trust anything that is supposed to change/interact with my OS, which is why I looked up reviews before I downloaded it. The fact that it's listed on Majorgeeks, techspot, ghacks, computerworld... is why I got it, since some of these sites are very reliable.

And Russian software, anything with Cyrillic, I don't trust. Heck, as reputable as Kaspersky is, I still don't like it. Maybe I'm racist. Probably from the rep they had when I played Eve Online. Nobody liked or trusted Russians back then.
    Last edited by skullpoker; 8th-May-2016 at 20:20.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I got Windows 10 with my new PC, runs fine for me, other then a few small issues, I am happy with it.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalGamer View Post
    I got Windows 10 with my new PC, runs fine for me, other then a few small issues, I am happy with it.
    Then you are REALLY going to love it as it starts to delete files at microsofts leisure and all the other fine win 10 "features" that spy on you and have other nice malicious purposes.

BTW Arp this thread is about blocking windows spying and telemetry, not about if it runs fine or not.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Spybot Anti-Beacon works for blocking alot of the so-called "spyware" features Windows 10 contains, and if you uncheck everything in the "Customize" settings during a fresh Windows 10 install most of it is disabled by default. If you're so concerned with privacy either don't upgrade or don't use some of the new tools contained in Windows 10 (Particulary Cortana.) Other than that, if you read through Windows 10's EULA now it's actually much different from what it was back when it was in its technical stage, it's less invasive and it's been proven recently that Windows 10 doesn't "phone home" as often as people believed it did for a time, and never had. Microsoft is a big corporation, they need some method to make money off of you, nothing they make is or has ever been absolutely free. Making money off of ads is what other companies such as Google have been doing for years now, and it looks like MS finally jumped on the bandwagon with Windows 10. Keep in mind I'm actually in no way saying that Microsoft has done nothing wrong in the way of privacy invasion, I'm simply saying that it's a common tactic these days, and almost unavoidable. Furthermore, I wouldn't recommend turning off Windows Update in Windows 7 or any Windows OS for that matter, sacrificing security for a single extra layer of privacy is not a good compromise. Do you really believe that Microsoft cares about your personal files and information stored on your PC such as credit card info and SSI? Hell no they don't... Ask yourself this - Who cares about your personal files and information more? Hackers whom you are vulnerable to by disabling Windows Update, or a major and reputable corporation such as Microsoft?
    Last edited by Ckernunnos; 17th-May-2016 at 16:04.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Then you are REALLY going to love it as it starts to delete files at microsofts leisure and all the other fine win 10 "features" that spy on you and have other nice malicious purposes.

BTW Arp this thread is about blocking windows spying and telemetry, not about if it runs fine or not.
    Never had it delete anything, and if it spies on me, well, they are gonna see my videos before anyone else, and see how many times Lisa Ann and Lexi Belle take it in the shitter lol.

Unless there are proven facts of this, I don't believe it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalGamer View Post
    Never had it delete anything, and if it spies on me, well, they are gonna see my videos before anyone else, and see how many times Lisa Ann and Lexi Belle take it in the shitter lol.

Unless there are proven facts of this, I don't believe it.
    Well, there are privacy settings that if ticked on do clearly say they send your typing and browsing history (I assume contained within Edge, though) to Microsoft.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

From what I read updates will remove programs not officially compatible, even though they may in fact work. It's like service packs are new versions of windows or something instead of just simple updates.

Dunno if that has changed but I read that late last year.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    From what I read updates will remove programs not officially compatible, even though they may in fact work. It's like service packs are new versions of windows or something instead of just simple updates.

Dunno if that has changed but I read that late last year.
    I'm not sure it's happened at all or if it will, I remember there were reports of pirated games being removed by the operating system, but that turned out to be faked.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

With Siri, EVERYTHING you say to the app can be sent back to HQ for "improving the service", and any Patriot Act etc. means that every bit of data that these companies have on you is one step away from "Mandatory reporting", which step will most likely be taken very soon. Hell, attorneys don't even have 'Conflict of interest/attorney-client privilege' anymore. If you admit to your defense attorney that you have done anything, they can't let you lie in court to defend you.

If you don't think the sun is rising because "there's only a little bit of light" then you need your head examined.