Thread: Cant seem to load .bin/.cue saturn games into yabause or ssf? stuck on memory manager, or drive empt

Thanks

Default Cant seem to load .bin/.cue saturn games into yabause or ssf? stuck on memory manager, or drive empt

I cant seem to get either of the saturn emulators working. ive tried everything from mounting the .cue images to even burning one onto another disc and trying it physically.; it just keeps saying drive empty with ssf, and yabause sticks me at the memory manager and just resets infinitely.

the game im trying to load is ultimate mortal kombat 3. Ive so far tried a U image, that had a bunch of .wav files (poweriso says the .cue is not correct and wont mount, loading it with load iso does nothing in yabause) and the European ultimate mortal kombat 2.00 from here.

Its weird because both are slightly different format wise -- but im POSITIVE they are both correct, because if I mount the first track iso in the U version, the EU version loads up the same files when mounted through the .cue (or similar ones)

i KNOW these copies of the game should work, and I also know both emulators have this in a playable state (recorded at least on yabauses website)

so anyone know why I cant get these emulators going past the BIOS?

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

SSF needs the image mounted with a virtual drive or a actual disc in your drive in order to play.

Yabause needs the image as a single bin and cue or itil just stay in the bios screen, if you get a redump image use isobuster to merge it into a single bin and make sure to save the cue it gives you.

I run Yabause via Retroarch as its the easiest to use Yabause with and everything else for that matter.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?67974 takes you through the SSF setup

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

how can you get a virtual drive to work properly with win 10 now that the drivers are all different and daemon tools will not install?

I have poweriso, but it doesnt seem to recognize the virtual drive from that program unlike daemon tools.

I got it to run using a burnt cd, but my cds are low quality and ancient and scratched to death, so it has errors and wont get very far without crashing because the disc is shit...

i'll try to get yabause to work again, but its no luck at all so far.

Satourne worked for a minute, but for some reason the input plugin is screwed -- i know its an old emulator anyway, but I cant set up the buttons -- it just says every single button on my gamepad is the right d pad -- even though the dpad itself is recognized fine.

Im guessing I'll never get that one to work, so im best off trying to merge them I guess.

the european version IS a .bin/.cue -- and it works when I burn the image but not when I mount it or try to load it in yabause. so far I have been unable to get the US version to load at all (poweriso says it is an invalid disc image)

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Huh I have Daemon Tools installed on my Windows 10 x64 Laptop and Desktop???

It Daemon Tools Lite that I have, version 4.49.1.##### I'm sure my version is actually out of date as well

Had no issues installing it at all...

Even the site says it supports Windows 10, so not sure what issues you are having but it has nothing to do with Windows 10

Unless you are talking about SPTD but I'm sure you don't actually need that in windows 10, not sure if the updated versions can install that either
    Last edited by Zorlon; 2nd-May-2016 at 15:30.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Seems your best bet is using Retroarch if you having these slew of issues.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

On Testing

Just tested the game (U) version in SSF with Daemon Tools Lite and Windows 10

The game just works in it as I kind of guessed

I think the issue may be the actual disc image though, seems we don't even have the U version of this game though (not on the main site) so can't verify that and the image I used I have had for years

What files did you get for the U version of the game?

EDIT:-

This also works in Yabause just fine also though took a little long to boot up this one, but Yabause is still in development but further than most of the older ones and mostly works

On other notes

Saturone I would not bother with at all, it never got far enough into development to start with

Retroarch simply uses the core from Yabause so should also work though I would not say drop everything else in favor of it or anything like that especially as the main issue has not been resolved yet that I suspect is the disc image itself there are plenty of bad disc images out there for saturn games that have not been ripped correctly.

EDIT added SPTD drivers not needed in Windows 10 to the SSF guide, I had not updated that since Windows 10 was released so added that now

EDIT AGAIN:

On converting Bin+Wav+Cue images

I will be using ISObuster for this (free use version, no need to buy the full package)

• download and install ISObuster
    • Run ISObuster
    • Hit File then Open Image File
    • Select the cue file (or ccd file)
    • This should now show a list of tracks on the left
    • Hit File then CD then Extract CD <Image> then RAW (*.bin *.iso)
    • Change the Save Type from *.iso to *.bin
    • In the File Name: text box, rename the output file (do not forget to change .iso to .bin on the end of it)
    • Change the destination folder if you like then hit Save
    • After this has completed you will then be asked to save a cue file, just hit Save
    Last edited by Zorlon; 3rd-May-2016 at 08:02.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]