Thread: Wind Waker help

Thanks

Default Wind Waker help

I downloaded the 7Z file of the legend of zelda, the wind waker, but i cant open it on dolphin. ive tried unzipping it but i still cant open it :( if you have any tips or a detailed explaation of what to do, id be very grateful. Thanks!

Thanks
    EP Points

(site ui navigation is a JOKE at best, search feature isn't worth a toss. captcha is a liar, puts user through loops for nothing. had to dig manually to find this, and is it the right one? ) Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. ^^ i really did search, and that's the only one i could find. (may do a dump of my PAL-EUR ltd retail with collectors edition? not sure?)
    according to the link, it's a RAR archive, split in two parts.
    rar is a paid for app, and it breaks rules for me to suggest anything when using paid apps. (program exploit/copyright related, fair play i guess?)
    get rar, the trial edition and install it.
    1, have both archive parts to this game in the same directory. (confirm sizes of the files after DL, compare them to the item writ, should be the same.)
    2, right click over the first archive part 'ZeldaWindWaker.part1.rar' move cursor to the rar context menu entry, and select 'extract here' for the archive to fully expand. (don't forget part2 of the rar has to be aside part1)
    3, try that iso (or gcm) in the emulator after that.
    caveat:
    1, i haven't DL'd the image, not wasting BW, and i have the PAL-EUR retail, so...
    2, if that image isn't retail verified by it's hash (redump/tosec) there's a good chance that's the reason it won't work, emus require retail images by default.
    3, it's also possible the DL crapped out, welcome to the joys of unstable external HTTP cloud lockers where the users PAY to share their shit, sometimes the host NUKES it without regard, and assuming the upload was successful, doesn't stop users having issues with HTTP bs related joints.
    FTP/torrent FTW!
    4, ...good luck, and all the best!
    [edit]
    7zip can work for rar archives most of the time (not always) so get 7zip (it's FREE) and do the same as instructed above, the results should also be the same.
    Last edited by amiga1200; 24th-April-2016 at 13:10.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_G...e,Es,It)/66780 Wind Waker

http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_G...n,Fr,De)/66779 Ocarina and the Master Quest bonus disc to the above

http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_G...e,Es,It)/66777 Collectors edition, free from Nintendo Club (Later possibly aquired via points through Nintendo Club, I got my one free, some years back think I had Nintendo Club codes from 3 required games or something and got that free)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 24th-April-2016 at 15:56.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

nahh, i can go external, i was referring to a user search, the server is different...
    just coz it has efp innit....
    seriously......
    [edit]
    .me?!
    jesus!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Kendall View Post
    I downloaded the 7Z file of the legend of zelda, the wind waker, but i cant open it on dolphin. ive tried unzipping it but i still cant open it if you have any tips or a detailed explaation of what to do, id be very grateful. Thanks!
    At a guess you are having user restriction issues

Make sure you extract the file until you have either a gcm file or an iso file, either works
    Move it to your iso folder
    Open the folder dolphin is stored in
    right click the dolphin exe and look for run as admin
    set the iso folder in the dolphin option to the folder you dropped the iso/gcm file into
    then refresh the list if needs be

If the admin thing solves this, then to set that perm just right click the exe again and hit Properties this time and window will pop up with tabs in it, select the compat tab and check the run as admin option apply then ok (that will set it up so it always runs as admin)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

In order to avoid starting another topic, I can't get the widescreen AR code to work.. Disabled widescreen hack, tried crop on and off. Any ideas please?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Best not to avoid starting a mew subject especially as it is not even related...

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]