Thread: Trouble with using 2 controllers together

Thanks

Default Trouble with using 2 controllers together

Hello everyone,

First of, the hardware and software details:

2 original sega genesis 6-button controllers
    Mayflash Megadrive Controller Adapter for PC USB (like this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QRZ1HVS/...ter+for+PC+USB)
    Macbook Air mid-2011 OS X El Capitan
    OpenEmu v2.0.1 407-g415a4a6-Release

Goal: really want to play Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 with 2 players playing at the same time (is this too much to ask? )

I've tested each controller separately on each port, and this game as well as a couple of other roms respond perfectly fine. When connected together in either configuration, one of them does not work (game not responding to it). Doesn't seem to depend on which port in the mayflash usb thing I use... Tried this with 2 two-player games so far, same result.

Any ideas? Thank you!

PS. If had to guess, it's probably the USB adapter, since the controllers and software seem to be functioning properly...
    PSS. Another question I had is: what's the difference between the arrows being called "North South West East" and "Up Down Left Right" in the OpenEmu settings? Could this be the problem, and is there a way to switch the controllers or the usb adapter (or the software?) from one to the other to test this out?
    Last edited by Zorlon; 23rd-March-2016 at 05:18.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Did you try and make sure both pads are hooked up before running OpenEmu
    Once the software is running then config both pads then and try a two player game

I don't know about Macs all that much been years since I had one but you should be able to use several HID devices (no drivers needed either if I remember) at once and auto assign new ID's to duplicated devices so they can be used together

If you installed drivers/software for the pads try removing that and use the pads without any drivers/software HID devices should auto detect anyway

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR