Thread: MegaMan Battle Network 4 and 5 problems

Thanks
    EP Points

Default MegaMan Battle Network 4 and 5 problems

I've come across a couple of issues in MegaMan Battle Network 4 and 5.

In 4 (Blue Moon), the game goes black after a battle or accessing the menu during WoodMan's scenario. The SneakRun subchip prevents battles from starting, but it expires too soon, and I can't go into the menu to access another one because that causes the game to black out. Saving the game also causes the game to go black, and reloading the game after saving also just plays the music but with a black screen i.e. can't do anything. I did make a save state before attempting to save, fearing that might happen, but when I reloaded it, I found that saving fails. So it seems there's no way to continue the game. I understand this problem happens on real gamepaks when played on a DS, but I'm not using a DS emulator to play it.

In 5 (Team Colonel, though this scenario is in both versions), I'm in the MineComp 4. I saved the game, and suddenly everything froze. Music still plays, but I can't move, access the menu, or anything. I tried reloading but it freezes after a second or two, so whatever's causing it triggered before I saved. I have no save state, but even if I did I bet it would have the same saving problem as 4.

Emulator I was using is a version of VisualBoyAdvance-M with a 2015 copyright date (downloaded in June), so it shouldn't be too out of date.

MMBN5 save file: MMBN5save.zip
    Last edited by Digifiend; 21st-January-2016 at 19:36.

Thanks
    EP Points

Have you tried just using normal visual boy advance instead? Sometimes this kind of stuff is just a emulator having trouble with particular games.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, I tried an older version (VBA Link) and yeah, the MMBN5 problem is solved. I wonder what caused it? Haven't checked MMBN4 yet but I suspect that one won't be solved so easily.

Thanks
    EP Points

I never played either game on VBA-M, but I have played through both successfully on vba(non link) 1.7.1. I only use the link version when I need it to link games for some reason. I don't really know what might've caused the problem on VBA-M though. If BN4 isn't as easily solved it could just be a rom that partially corrupted might need a new rom.
    Last edited by rmcin329; 22nd-January-2016 at 18:35.

Thanks
    EP Points

BN4 was also fixed by using the older emulator. It's odd, you'd think a newer version would have more compatibility, not less! Someone should make an ips patch for that rom. It's a bug in the original game, not a faulty rom, and apparently fixed on the recent Wii U re-release. Thanks.

Thanks
    EP Points

Glad I could help.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

VBA 1.60 has the best compat of all of them 1.70 was 3rd party

Asides from lacking a few of the newer features VBA 1.60 only really had issues detecting save types for a small number of games that was fixed with VBA-Over.ini apart from those it is almost perfect

The later releases that are all 3rd party do add nice features and all but as a result the compat kept dropping
    Last edited by Zorlon; 24th-January-2016 at 04:54.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR