Thread: Issues unraring my Final Fantasy Crisis Core game?

Thanks

Default Issues unraring my Final Fantasy Crisis Core game?

Hey, fellow gamers! I'm a longtime user of EP, but only recently registered here! Big fan of EP!

Anyways, now the main issue. Basically, the title says it all. I downloaded PPSSPP for the first time, and got Crisis Core. However, it said that the .rar had to be decompressed so I went ahead and downloaded ZArchiver, decompressed the game. But it keeps giving me the error message "not decompressed, blah blah." So I was wondering, WHAT DO I DO?

-Note- I am NOT a tech wizard. I have absolutely no idea what this and/or that means, so try to explain clearly all the steps I need to do to be able to play CC! Thanks! -also I did Google it, but most of the explanations were in tech wizard language, so yea I was stumped :/-

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

use 7zip latest build and you are on windows correct?

http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp

Latest PPSPP builds there.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Nope, trying to decompress on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. Do I need to use a computer?? I don't have one of my own but I could run down to the library..

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggyzter455 View Post
    Nope, trying to decompress on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. Do I need to use a computer?? I don't have one of my own but I could run down to the library..
    Wow, never knew someone without a PC.

I think it would be best to use a PC to decompress but I don't think you can install anything on a library computer.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Yep.. so am I screwed or nah? ZArchiver doesn't seem to work. Heh.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggyzter455 View Post
    Yep.. so am I screwed or nah? ZArchiver doesn't seem to work. Heh.
    I think maybe someone with actual android experience may be able to help.

Thanks

Hmm, I will wait then. Thanks for the help, tho, bro. Appreciate the effort

In the meantime I will just try other games. Possibly I'm having issues with CC because it's just such a huge file-close to 1 GB. Let's see if other games, smaller ones, will work.
    Last edited by Jackhammer; 29th-December-2015 at 23:13. Reason: Double post

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Once decompressed look and see what file you have now

just use whatever dodgy little file manager you have it is very possible that is has put the extracted file in another location that needs to be moved it is also possible that you now have a bunch of file with the same name apart from the file extension those will also need to be extracted via ZArchiver

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR