Thread: Need help with Nvidia Shield

Thanks

Default Need help with Nvidia Shield

Hey guys,

So I setup the Shield and at first I made myself super frustrated trying to get the silly Rom Collection Kodi add on working so in the end I just used gamesome and used the emulators that were on offer, so far SNES, N64, NDS, Megadrive are all sound, I couldn't get the Saturn one working which was a shame, thought Shining Force 3 would have been fab and also I couldn't see anything at all for PS2...

So question is, is there a painless way to load up an emulator that actually works for the PS2 onto the android device at all?

Also does this place have all the ROMS or just some as Samurai Spririt RPG was missing

cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Android OS isn't it?
    Thread moved.

Edit:
    Not sure if PCSX2 has been ported to Android. I think Dolphin has (but that's Wii/NGC).
    Emulating those sorts of platforms require fairly beefy specs but I've seen a mention or two of Dolphin working fairly well on the Nvidia stuff.

There is one PS2 emu around called Play! but from what I understand it doesn't support many games and only has one dev.

Last edited by deadlegion; 8th-December-2015 at 01:06.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

It is Android OS yes, but its not a mobile device its the TV version not the tablet must say I do love it!! SD cards always nice in these things.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 8th-December-2015 at 01:07. Reason: link removed

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by wipe0wt View Post
    It is Android OS yes, but its not a mobile device its the TV version not the tablet must say I do love it!! SD cards always nice in these things.
    Fair enough, but all the Android stuff gets dumped in here.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Pound for pound there really isn't a PS2 emulator worth mentioning yet. Dolphin for Android is still in early stages and even the dev says even with the most powerful device most games won't run at any playable framerates.

Dreamcast emulation is making good strides with Reicast I've personally been able to run RE code Veronica, Sonic Adventure and Grandia 2 with almost no issues on a lower end device.

PPSSPP for PSP emulation is pretty good too. Those are about as current as you can get system wise atm.

Thanks

Looking at it the best thing to do is use the stream capability of the device https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1qORTLJF2o as you can see here it works fine. There was another video too of someone using the Nvidia controller for steam games but so far im unable to make it work.....I dont fancy buying a steam pad or hooking up a 360 pad when ive got this one but im puzzled, tried alsorts of settings but no joy...

Most emulators are now available on the google playstore and if you get gamesome it doesn't have make light work of things, you literally point the path to the roms and it grabs the artwork and everything, plays right away, fantastic! Just need to try and get the Saturn working via it perhaps....but failing that again its back to the stream, I've not tried to play a game via the nvidia pad for emulation yet, it probably will work but since you can stream Steam games too im going to be looking to try that out too just for overkill factor!

Aha......a way to control the mouse, just hold the start button LOOOOL, ill test later! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meF7ETlsryo this guy does stuff on the gamesome stuff too, legend!
    Last edited by deadlegion; 9th-December-2015 at 22:15. Reason: merged posts