Thread: CPU Overheating?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default CPU Overheating?

Hello,

I recently built myself a new computer. However the CPU temp keeps reading anywhere from 88-99C. It was working fine yesterday. Also, my comp appears to be running fine without restarting or shutting itself off. All other temps for the comp seem fine too.

Specs:

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz
    Nivida GTX Geforce 970 SC ACX 2.0 4GB
    8GB RAM
    Windows 7 Ultimate

I've attached a pic of my temps. I've read that sometimes updating the bios can fix it, but it could be my CPU as well. Again, I'm not sure as my comp is running fine. No shutting down or restarting randomly. So I'm not sure if its being weird or what. The MB is a Asus Z97-A

CompTemps.PNG

EDIT: According to speccy and HWMonitor it now says its hovering in the high 50C(like 58/59C) to mid 60C(60C-64C) I also have adequate cooling for all of this. All the fans are running, the CPU fan is on, the front and back fan are on. The power supply fan is on and running. The inside of it feels pretty cool.
    SpeccyInfo.jpg
    Last edited by LeftyGuitar; 30th-November-2015 at 23:22.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

88-99C is bad, but the 60C is fine. Mine has been running at about 62C for four years and I have had a few scares along the way. My cpu cooler died once and the thing ran so hot that it shut down several times before I figured out what was wrong. Then again, all of my fans besides the cpu cooler are chinese garbage.
    What I mean to say is that cpus are pretty robust and usually can save themselves before damage is done. Keep it around 60C and you'll be fine.

Thanks
    EP Points

Problem is it keeps flucuating between the 60C-80C. Not sure what is going on fully. Maybe I need another fan or check the CPU. It was running fine yesterday. Of course it still is running fine. So I'm not sure if the readings are off or its just not working right. It hasn't restarted or shut-down on its own, so I assume the readings are out of whack or its something else, from the case and air flow, it seems to be staying pretty cool. All the other temps are pretty low.

EDIT: I figured it out, the CPU heatsink/fan stock cooler wasn't pushed in all the way. It is now and now the temp is staying around high 20Cs to low/mid 40Cs.
    Last edited by LeftyGuitar; 1st-December-2015 at 19:57.

Thanks

Just a curious question to the heat... Is your pc sitting on a carpet? I had a heat issue until I realized the box sat on the carpet blocking airflow underneath. Sat everything on a board and the heat issue went away.