Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shining the Holy Ark and Yabause

Thanks

Unhappy Shining the Holy Ark and Yabause

No matter what i do, I can't seem to get this emulator (Yabause) to play this game. I made an ISO and it didn't work. Tried bin and that didn't work. Was there some step or better program as I have been using freeware (WinCDEmu, Daemon tools lite, AnytoISO, etc) and don't want to buy anything. Did I miss a step during the conversion or mounting?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

With images I would guess that bin/cue would be needed not iso. I'm not sure about Saturn but it's like that for PSX.

You could try SSF I guess.
    The US version of the game is listed as fully playable.

Spoiler warning:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Run via the cue file
    Make sure the bios is setup with the correct country settings

The game should work in both emulators though SSF is still at a more playable state though

Look in the guides stuck thread in this section I'm sure I posted a simple guide to get you started with SSF, might be listed as a trouble shooting guide, but if you have trouble setting it up that will help you solve those issues

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Yeah I def. played Shining the holy Ark on SSF on my old Pentium D PC using .Bin & .Cue. I think it was fine without bios, I'll drag my old PC out of mothballs next weekend and have a look. If you haven't yet found a solution I'll try and get my settings.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

SSF requires a bios, it will not work without one

as for settings asides from setting up the CD drive and bios plus correct regional settings there are no special required settings for that game

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rufusdufus View Post
    Yeah I def. played Shining the holy Ark on SSF on my old Pentium D PC using .Bin & .Cue. I think it was fine without bios, I'll drag my old PC out of mothballs next weekend and have a look. If you haven't yet found a solution I'll try and get my settings.
    Tried everything. Even tried SSF now. Keep getting the same thing with every BIOS file. Disk format not working.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Did you open the cue in notepad and see if the contents matched the bin?

Yabause is picky and will not run certain cue formats, must be a plain clean cue without extra mess in the file like what isobuster puts in it.

You also can not run Redump images in Yabause since it can not understand split bins so you must remake the image into a single bin, il try to report that issue one day to the devs.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's the regional setup that is the issue

Same will apply to both Yabause and SSF (Yabause does have an auto-detect option though)

Also covered in the guide

The bios used makes no real difference anyway

Yeah I tend to redo the images anyway with isobuster (free use version) and I missed the anytoiso bit in the first post, as above it does put REM comments into cue files but Yabause can still read the game just fine anyway

If you wanted to create a cue file though with no REM comments using a free method then try D-Tools Lite mount the target game via the cue file then use ImgBurn (another free tool) and create a new disc image from the D-Tools drive

iso format in general is no good for CD based games especially if they use CDDA tracks as the iso format does not store CDDA tracks only the data track

I pointed out my guide for a reason some of it can be applied to Yabause also
    Last edited by Zorlon; 25th-November-2015 at 05:11.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Did you open the cue in notepad and see if the contents matched the bin?

Yabause is picky and will not run certain cue formats, must be a plain clean cue without extra mess in the file like what isobuster puts in it.

You also can not run Redump images in Yabause since it can not understand split bins so you must remake the image into a single bin, il try to report that issue one day to the devs.
    Not sure what I was looking for but if you are referring to the path in the cue, an inaccurate path also exists in another game that I did get to work. Also its just one bin file (not split) and according to this one program that mounts and opens it up, all the data is there. Just don't understand whats wrong.....

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well maybe you want to give the Retroarch port of Yabause a try, the RA team enhances the cores and adds new features not in the vanilla emulator.

What game are you trying to play BTW?

il test it in Retroarch and get back to you.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Well maybe you want to give the Retroarch port of Yabause a try, the RA team enhances the cores and adds new features not in the vanilla emulator.

What game are you trying to play BTW?

il test it in Retroarch and get back to you.
    Shining the Holy Ark. Retroarch port of Yabause? You got a link to that program?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

you lot are blind the game is mentioned in the title of the thread
    Retroarch is linked in Warrior's sig

The game runs great in SSF
    The game runs ok in Yabause though a little on the laggy side for FMV and music, make sure video is set to software to avoid text being black instead of white (very dodgy going to a from full screen)
    Retroarch version of Yabause has not been looked at by me anyway but it should have some fixes externally to the core used

I played this game with SSF way back but also done a little test in SSF latest/last? version and Yabause just to do a little comparison

I still prefer to use my Saturn myself though

P.S. the image you have may be the issue also so if you got it from our servers link me up and I will test that copy for you and make sure it is actually working, it would not be the first Saturn game to be a corrupted copy unfortunately

depending on why it is corrupt I may be able to fix it though chances are you will have to grab another copy but I am sure I could upload a working copy for you anyway
    Last edited by Zorlon; 25th-November-2015 at 08:57.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    you lot are blind the game is mentioned in the title of the thread
    Retroarch is linked in Warrior's sig

The game runs great in SSF
    The game runs ok in Yabause though a little on the laggy side for FMV and music, make sure video is set to software to avoid text being black instead of white (very dodgy going to a from full screen)
    Retroarch version of Yabause has not been looked at by me anyway but it should have some fixes externally to the core used

I played this game with SSF way back but also done a little test in SSF latest/last? version and Yabause just to do a little comparison

I still prefer to use my Saturn myself though

P.S. the image you have may be the issue also so if you got it from our servers link me up and I will test that copy for you and make sure it is actually working, it would not be the first Saturn game to be a corrupted copy unfortunately

depending on why it is corrupt I may be able to fix it though chances are you will have to grab another copy but I am sure I could upload a working copy for you anyway
    Yeah I'm thinking this thing is corrupt. Maybe I should try another copy.

Yeah I downloaded the Retroach from the link but the thing is asking for a core and I don't see any cores for Saturn on the page so far.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by John Pekrig View Post
    Yeah I'm thinking this thing is corrupt. Maybe I should try another copy.

Yeah I downloaded the Retroach from the link but the thing is asking for a core and I don't see any cores for Saturn on the page so far.
    This is why I mentioned in my sig that if you need a little tutorial ask away since its always confusing to new users.

Open Retroarch and go to Online Updater > Core Updater > Yabause, then update the core lists.

Put this in your Retroarch system folder http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/in...Emulator_Files The top link that says Retroarch Bios.

After you put the extracted files in the Retroarch system folder go to settings> directory settings> bios directory and set it to the system folder in the retroarch folder.

Its not default for some strange reason so you gotta do that manually.

Load the Yabause core and go to information>core information, does it say the bios is present?

If so hit exit so it will save your settings incase it crashes, open it back up and try loading a game.

It runs way better than vanilla.

BTW Zorlon it was 2 AM and I have degenerative vision.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I am willing to check it out disc image for you see if it is broken and if it is fixable that it is something very simple to do if it is indeed broken and is fixable

The usual way these got broken was regional patching, that is kinda pointless anyway but also can corrupt the checksum that is very easy to fix

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]