Thread: Fallout 4 fest - major spoilers hidden please!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Exclamation Fallout 4 fest - major spoilers hidden please!

Been playing this on PS4 and I've been spending a lot of time on it since I got it on release day

Overall it seems to be good. I haven't seen a ton of lag even with big battles going on, companion AI seems pretty much the same as previously but no lag associated with that. No console freezes, although I have seen one application error that sent me back to xmb. I'm happy about how it runs and actually surprised considering it's very new and there was only one tiny update I downloaded for it
    Heaps of saves isn't an issue, and I'm up to lvl 50 and it's still running fine.

So I've done all of the main quest line variations and done some other side quests too. Just going around collecting some bobbleheads atm.
    Spoiler warning:
    Then I need to hunt some extra behemoths for a particular trophy I think I've done 3 already on this save I'm using atm but I can't be sure as I used multiple saves for different main quest lines.

Power armor...
    Spoiler warning:
    I don't use it much tbh, only if I find/buy a frame then do a little other stuff and fast travel back to sanctuary...which is where I store all my weapons/armor etc. I've got a heap of fusion cores but I just find the HUD a tad annoying. Maybe I'll suit up later for some fun

I can only upgrade to "e" type variants of power armor parts right now, I have a jet pack but can't actually install it so I haven't tested that yet.

I've got complete T-45, T-51, T-60 and Raider sets (plus some spares) but I haven't seen the X-01 anywhere. Anybody know where it is

Sentry bots...
    Spoiler warning:
    I stumbled across one out in the open very early on, I was lower than lvl 10 These bastards are a lot tougher now, plus they create a fair sized explosion when they die.
    Now I'm lvl 50+ they aren't so bad.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 21st-November-2015 at 05:58.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Regarding your power armour question, check this out

If it doesn't work for you or you already visited that place, I'll try to have a look at the guide.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cookie Monster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks for that Cookie I'm lvl 53 so
    Spoiler warning:
    I'll go check out some places, it seems (I read the comments) there might be more than one possible spot for parts at least.

Collected all power armor sets now

If anyone is looking for some tips for settlement 100% happiness:
    Spoiler warning:
    Leave this until you've done everything, lvl 50+ and have collected a ton of junk.

Amount of people at settlements is 10 plus your charisma. You can boost your charisma using clothes items.
    Hat - I used minutemen general hat +1
    Glasses - I used black rimmed (I think fashionable is the same) +1
    Suit - Reginald's outfit (I think there's a dress that might be the same level) +3 (there are plenty of +2 bonus suits)

Using the above and my base of charisma 9 I could get 24 people at settlements.

After trying to use Sanctuary and then The Castle as settlements to get to 100% I gave up and started from scratch using Starlight Drive-in.

At Starlight you can get rid of the radiation in the water by trashing the barrels.

Go to another settlement (the one you've been using to collect junk), select a person to start a trade route to Starlight...send a few random people at other settlements to Starlight too if you wish to speed up the process of population growth.

At Starlight setup a recruitment beacon, create 25 beds undercover (make more covered space if you need to). You can just create sleeping bags as they have a slightly smaller footprint (better for tight spaces) and the bed type doesn't seem to make any difference from what I can tell.
    Place 24 mutfruit plants for food and set 4 people to work them.
    For water I just made a large purifier put it in the water pool with an appropriate generator nearby.
    Create machinegun turrets and build up defence to 100 or more (I also had one rpg turret but that requires power).
    For all the other people (20) build 3rd level shops, mostly medical type but I did have one weapons shop...you'll need a couple of upgraded perks for this.

The reason I had a weapons trader was to make use of the trader glitch, so I could access extra cash to build most of the shops and wait in the settlement while happiness went up (this last thing is important, if you leave happiness will go down).

After you've taken care of beds, food, water, defence, all the shops and have power (I only had 30) you then max out the settlement size bar by going around putting down rugs, cover every wall space with paintings, have a few chairs around, a few tvs (need power) and I had around 4 radios (don't need power) tuned to Diamond city radio.

I also had all the crafting station types but I'm not sure if that's relevant. I just wanted those there for myself. Plus I had a computer console to access holotapes.

Look at the settlement happiness. If it has an up arrow then wait.
    When it stops going up, sleep for 24 hours.

When it gets to 98 and 99 it seems to take forever to move but it will.

Extra notes:
    - While you're doing all of this do not leave the settlement for any reason, even just briefly to engage attackers or something like that.
    - When I did this I didn't have any companions at all. I'm not sure if that's relevant (like for population) but thought I should mention it just in case.
    - Make sure you have a couple of benches and chairs around, you will need to use one yourself to wait. Unlike earlier games that had a wait button, in F4 you sit down in a chair then you get a wait option prompt.
    - Make sure you have enough sleeping bags (or beds if you want to waste a tiny bit extra space and resources) for every person plus one extra for yourself. This way when you sleep you won't interfere with any other person. I have read that sometimes players have seen the population stop what they've been doing and just stand around not doing their assigned tasks...this might be due to not having the extra bed for the player, or maybe it's irrelevant and I was just lucky.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 29th-February-2016 at 21:04.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. Haven't encountered any bugs myself tbh
    Spoiler warning:
    After reading the patch notes and not seeing any mention of the merchant glitch I thought maybe it was still working, but apparently (I've read about this on several sites) it has been fixed or possibly partially fixed at least (as in it may still work for one or 2 ammo types only now...I've seen .38 and 10mm mentioned). Can't confirm this myself atm but I might get around to doing some tests at some stage. If it's no longer working and you want to use it, you will need to delete the update and keep pausing/deleting it (I don't think you can disable automatic game updates, only OS updates).
    Last edited by deadlegion; 11th-December-2015 at 00:13.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Season pass price goes up as of 1st March.

Also, DLC info...

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game.../2016/02/16/77
    Last edited by deadlegion; 29th-February-2016 at 20:42.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

1st DLC "Automatron" available on 22nd March (for all platforms I believe)

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

speaking of Fallout 4 mods: Lethally Legendary from nexus made this.

modded.gif

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    EP Points

http://kotaku.com/fallout-4-player-l...-sh-1777079691

Fallout 4 Far Harbor DLC PS4
    Australia/New Zealand - 12:01 am (AEST) on 5/19
    https://community.bethesda.net/message/87815#87815

Looks like I'll be doing an all-nighter Just over 8 hours until I can download

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Far Harbor has new paint jobs for power armor (2 Vim types).

Marine type armor sets with crafting variants. Marine wetsuit and tactical helmet.
    There's also a nearly complete unique set of Recon Marine armor, minus the legs.

Various new weapons, including some unique & legendary types. My favourite of the new weapons is the Kiloton Radium rifle which I now use with my current build instead of Spray n' Pray.

Spoiler warning: