Thread: Cemu The World’s First Wii U Emulator

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,269 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

Default Cemu The World’s First Wii U Emulator

We’ve learned (via NeoGAF) that Cemu, the world’s first Wii U emulator, has been released for Windows PC.

The emulator is still quite early in development, although it requires a mouse and keyboard, because it currently doesn’t support the Wii U controller(s) or GamePad.

Here are some quick facts for the emulator:

Can run encrypted Wii U images (WUD) and RPX/RPL files
    Internal resolution is 1920×1080 (if supported by game)
    For controller input see here.
    Contains basically no optimizations. Expect slow framerates and long load times.
    Windows x64 only (other platforms may be supported later)
    Requires OpenGL 3.3
    Tested on NVIDIA: Runs fine on most recent driver
    Tested on Intel: Garbled output but runs if OpenGL version is supported
    Untested on AMD

Cemu is also not optimized at all, but it does run commercial Wii U games.

How do you guys feel about this new development in the game emulation community? Could this only hinder the Wii U’s game and hardware adoption rate?
    Source:
    http://nichegamer.com/2015/10/cemu-t...r-is-released/

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jackhammer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quite fascinating if true. Off the top of my head i don't think wii U games can be easily acquired on the internet yet though. Still definitely something to keep an eye on.
    Last edited by rmcin329; 13th-October-2015 at 21:41.

Thanks
    EP Points

At first I thougt it might be fake. However I checked some other sites and it does appear to be a legit Wii U Emulator. While still early in development this is promising. I don't think this will really hurt sales of the Wii U, as this is still in early development and there's no sound support and of course games running on it have low FPS. I will still be getting a real Wii U when I can. As for this, good stuff, I think emulation of modern consoles shows that there is still interest in emulation and that anything with microprocessor can be emulated. I'm looking forward to seeing more progress on this Cemu. Also, Cemu is kinda of a weird name in my opinion.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin329 View Post
    Quite fascinating if true. Off the top of my head i don't think wii U games can be easily acquired on the internet yet though. Still definitely something to keep an eye on.
    That might change now with this emu and Loadline being around. There is one site I know of that has a dedicated Wii U section and people have started sharing more stuff over the last week or so. Still not much but as I said that might change now.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,278 Times in 539 Posts
    EP Points

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...or-Windows-x64

Jackhammer we posted 4mins apart

darkumbra has bunch wiiu hacks/homebrews that are in WUD format
    Last edited by deadlegion; 14th-October-2015 at 05:30. Reason: merged posts

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by killapinke View Post
    darkumbra has bunch wiiu hacks/homebrews that are in WUD format
    I don't really know what WUD format is, and i'd be more interested in "offical" games. A random example that comes to mind, would be Mario Party 10. But of course none of this really matters until the emulator is more developed and who knows when that will be. Pretty much the same story as citra the 3DS emulator. Not sure where to look for 3DS gamss either heh, but again doesn't matter, the emulator isn't far enough along really.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,278 Times in 539 Posts
    EP Points

I don't really know what WUD format is, and i'd be more interested in "offical" games. A random example that comes to mind, would be Mario Party 10. But of course none of this really matters until the emulator is more developed and who knows when that will be. Pretty much the same story as citra the 3DS emulator. Not sure where to look for 3DS gamss either heh, but again doesn't matter, the emulator isn't far enough along really.
    They have real games WUD format is raw dump of the wiiu game There current plan is to release new updates at least every two weeks. A more detailed roadmap is in the works so there making progress

Thanks

On dolphin I run wii games with internal resolution at 3x native super smooth. I am kinda tired of nintendo and its newest crappy console. bring on the emu so I can finally get some powah!