Thread: The difficulties of Rush 2049 on MAME.

Thanks

Default The difficulties of Rush 2049 on MAME.

Hello, I am quite new to the emulating scene and I might need help with MAME. You see, I have been wanting to play the arcade version of Rush 2049, as it is quite different from its console counterpart, so I'm trying to use MAME to do it. So, I learned that certain games will need a parent file, CHDs, BIOs, and so on. So I installed the Rush 2049 parent rom, and it says that CHD or ROM images are missing. I am confused, as I downloaded the files I was told to. I learn that sometimes other ROMs will work once installed, so I attempt that, downloading the tournament and special editions of the game, as well as their CHDs. Low and behold, the game still doesn't work. I downloaded another game, Berzerk, to see if the emulator itself worked, which it did. I've always sen that if a game doesn't work on MAME, simply try another game. My question is, what do they mean by, "try a different game"? A different version of the game ROM, or a different game entirely? And if possible, how do I get the missing files, even if they are already installed? Lastly, am I missing something blatantly obvious? One other thing, obviously the ROM has worked for other people, because it has been rated. Having said that, I am obviously doing something wrong, or there is no hope of me getting my dream arcade game to work. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I tried again, and I finally got a clearer answer; the machine is still in development, or so the emulator says.