Thread: EPSXE Save Data not appearing on mem card

Thanks

Default EPSXE Save Data not appearing on mem card

Hi all, I have a strange problem and really need some help.
    Okay so:
    I have EPSXE on my Sony Xperia Z3 android device.
    I have a few games on this including MGS, Devil Dice and Final Fantasy 9. I have downloaded and extracted them fine as I can play, save game and load game data just fine...
    Although when I run Bios and check the memory card, all of my save data appears in the memory card blocks apart from Final Fantasy 9. I never would have noticed if it wasnt for the fact that I have recently gotten a new device which im trying to transfer the emulator over to.

On the new device I can load the MGS, Devil Dice ect games just fine but FF9 says there is no data found. The save files have all transferred correctly but im guessing the issue is that the game data doesnt appear on the memory card file itself for some reason.
    On the original Z3 device I can still play the game but I need it on the new device.
    Does anyone know why the save data isn't being logged?
    I have tried setting the memory card to load from specific files and folders, I have tried saving the data to slot 2 in game and copying that across, but nothing.

Something I recently found out, is that the games are running the Final Fantasy 9 ISOs in *.bin.Ecm format and the description says "Ecm ROM no indexed!". Is this what's causing the issue, even though the game still works? If so can i convert these and still play with my save file? Do ECM Files save game files differently?

I really hope this made sense.

Regards,
    Spikey

Edit: Its not an ECM issue...
    Okay so i converted the .ecm files to .bin now and tried again.
    Can still load the data on the old device.
    both memory card slots do not have FF9 data on them, so i made a new memory card and assigned it to slot 2.
    I loaded up a save from "memory card 1" and saved over to my new memory card 2.
    open bios on the memory cards and still no FF9 data. I have set up the emulators to save to these memory cards so why is this game saving to an apparent ghost memory card, and where is it?!!

Edit 2:
    I noticed that the Memorycard folder is set out like this:
    Theres a folder called Games
    and two .mcr files (memory card 1 and 2)
    inside the Games folder theres more .mcr files with the prefix SLES...
    These seem to be some games including FF9.
    Although i dont know why theyre saving in here or what the rules are about them ignoring a memory card. I have the option for games to use the same memory card and i havnt changed it to save separately...

Could someone maybe explain how save game files work?
    Last edited by Spikeyroxas; 2nd-October-2015 at 15:00.