Thread: Vampire Savior SSF

Thanks

Default Vampire Savior SSF

Hello everyone, I usually don't need much help when it comes to emulation, however this one has me scratching my head. I wanted to play Vampire Savior for Saturn so I loaded it up (Yeah I know mame and all) but I enjoy playing it on saturn as well. When I start the game it gets to the Capcom Logo screen and after that it shoots this error.

MasterSH2 code = 0000
    060A5F08: (0000) Unknown code

SlaveSH2 code = 8BFE
    06000952: (8BFE) Unknown code

68000 code: 6000FEF0
    0000412A: (6000FEF0) BEQ $0000401C
    SH2 Unknown code: 0000

Now going through the forums I see Zordon tried to help a fella with the same problem though different error code, Any idea what is causing this to happen. It only happens with this game. I have tried the image from Emuparadise and from theisozone which causes the same code. I am using SSF 0.12 R4 Beta (the latest I believe) Any help would be appreciated thank you
    Last edited by scorp1014; 22nd-September-2015 at 21:07.

Thanks

I'm getting the game in few days, maybee i can try to rip it if it can help. I know it sounds stupid but do you use the 4MB card? Have you tried it with an other card?

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I ran this ages ago in SSF and it played just fine,

Vampire Savior Japan T-1228G Fully Playable 0.07 Beta R6 Original Disc

Taken from the Compat list - http://www.segasaturn.org/Japan%20update.htm
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

@emu75 Yep, I am using the 4mb card in ssf.

@ Warrior, I'm aware that it is said to be working in older versions however I am not running 0.07 I am running 0.12 R4. Maybe the game is broken in the new emu. I would like to get it running in 0.12 if it can, if I can't no big deal. I'm not new to SSF and I know this game worked under 0.9 as well. Just took a chance to see if any else ran into this issue and if there was a way to fix it.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Il test it in the latest ver and see, pretty sure thats what I used since I always stays up to date.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Well I have some time on my hands today so I figured I would test various versions with this game. This is what I have come up with so far.

SSF_009_Beta_R4 = Working
    SSF_010_Alpha_R4 = Working
    SSF_010_Beta = Working
    SSF_011_Alpha_R5 =Working
    SSF_012_Beta-Beta_R2= Working
    SSF_012_Beta_R3 = Working
    SSF_012_Prototype = Working
    SSF_012_Beta_R4 = Not Working

Seems this game in particular breaks after the R3 version. So I can technically move back to R3 seeing the only thing I see different between 012 R4 and 012 R3 is Vampire savior breaks. Still would like to see what you get Warrior with testing this with 012 R4.
    Last edited by scorp1014; 22nd-September-2015 at 23:11.