Thread: Need some help with Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon on Project 64

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Need some help with Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon on Project 64

I love the Goemon franchise. I trying to learn japanese so I can play the entire series. But I'm having problems.
    I never really edit any files in any kind of emulator, so this maybe the reason, but I want the actual reason for this crash so I don't have to fiddle around and potentially break other games.
    Anyway, back to business. Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon works pretty well on my Project 64. No real lag, graphics look great, everything works fine... Except that the game crashes randomly.
    It first crashed right when I was fighting the first boss (Not the Impact boss, The spinning head), I lost some progress but restarted and loved the Impact battle.
    It crashed 2 times in the 2nd town talking to a guy, and reading a sign. Other than that, it's good. I wanna play this game, but I don't wanna pay over 30 bucks for a game. I am a cheap guy.
    So if anybody has fixed this? If you have, then please tell me how to fix this. I'm using Project 64 1.6, default settings.

Now that you have reached the end of this post, why not listen to a story?

Thanks
    EP Points

o.O you shouldn't need to do any file editing.

nothing specific but maybe try the suggested setup here:http://bhemuhelp.co.nf/n64mgcl/source/m.html ?

i doubt many, if any, N64 emulators have updated much in quite some time so i would assume the info there is still good.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by treos View Post
    o.O you shouldn't need to do any file editing.

nothing specific but maybe try the suggested setup here:http://bhemuhelp.co.nf/n64mgcl/source/m.html ?

i doubt many, if any, N64 emulators have updated much in quite some time so i would assume the info there is still good.
    So I tried downloading Mupen64 0.5, started playing the game, It seemed to work fine. Then I wanted to use my gamepad with it, but had to restart the emulator to get it working. When I set it up and tried playing again, it said that I needed a RSP Plugin. I go look in the settings and find what I need to configure, but it doesn't have any RSP plugins in it!
    I heard that this is a common problem and fixing it requires downloading new emulators, but I got the latest version and... Nothing. Get the same error. Just...
    Anyway, I'll try to fix it later, but if anyone else fixed this before, give me some advice, please.

Okay... Now it's working... I'll play through it and see if it works. I'll let you know if anything comes up.

So far, so good. Played through the first dungeon (Oedo Castle) and it didn't have any problems. Only problem was the sound. It got rid of a channel leaving the music kinda weird. Other than that, It's working. Still haven't reached where it crashed. I'll play through that and see if it works great.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-September-2015 at 13:27.