Thread: Sega Genesis .GEN formats [PGEN]

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Sega Genesis .GEN formats [PGEN]

know any place i can find Sega Genesis roms with .gen formats?

like this-Sonic 1.gen not Sonic 1.bin or Sonic 1.smd

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Any reason?

Anyway that is the Good set format, we have the full set on our main server at
    http://www.emuparadise.me/Complete_R...en_3.00)/96314
    Last edited by Zorlon; 3rd-September-2015 at 19:14.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

here's the reason-

http://gamehacking.org/vb/threads/95...ighlight=GGGuy

i now play Sega on my PS2's PGEN it's why. so i can play games that are patched with Game Genie codes on there however, some games don't work on there because it will have a red screen. i also need a compatibility list for PGEN.

Genesis verison of Street Fighter games would have a red screen if you put them on PGEN

anyways don't make me play Roms on my PC. i prefer Controller pads because of Directional buttons
    Last edited by Combusto Dragon; 4th-September-2015 at 15:09.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Thread moved.

Spoiler warning:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

PGEN has an OK compat but not good or great
    RED screen is usually a regional issue I imagine Story of Thor aka Beyond Oasis is one of the games that red screens, if I remember Shining Force can't be played through because of a Yes No bug that only selects one option no matter if you hit yes or no you get the same outcome that makes the game loop at one point making it unplayable (think it was the chicken sequence)

As far as I know all the compat lists for Pgen are long gone

a PS2 for emulation is rather bad even the Dreamcast has better homebrew support

A Wii is good and Xbox is good and newer gen consoles

the PSP is also better than the PS2 even the DS has better emulation support

for gen format there is also converting software that can do that
    Last edited by Zorlon; 4th-September-2015 at 20:33.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Hedgehog View Post
    don't make me play Roms on my PC. i prefer Controller pads because of Directional buttons
    Pick up one of these, it'll let you use your PS2 controllers on your PC; http://www.amazon.com/Dual-Controlle.../dp/B001AATQ0Y
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

lol missed that part

Yeah it is much better to use a PC with a PS2 or even a PSX pad than it is to use a PS2

For one the emulation is much better on a PC and PSX and PS2 pads work great on a PC via a simple PS2/PSX to USB converter sometimes called a PS2 to PS3 converter that is just to USB anyway, these detect as a HID controllers, with no external drivers required for basic Pad functions, including analog sticks.

The only thing that would be missing is dual shock but even that you can get drivers for without any hassle, I can link that up if needs be but I did upload the drivers just for that some time back.

Personally I have my Desktop PC hooked up to my TV via VGA, even most laptops can hook up to TV via VGA or HDMI though so no real excuse not to do that even if you just got a long HDMI cable that you only hook up as and when you want to do that
    Last edited by Zorlon; 5th-September-2015 at 07:41.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Fine then i will play Sega games on my PC.

but if i put a emulator and many roms on my PC then it will slow down. so i will put them in my USB.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No, it won't slow down

Files don't slow a machine down things that are active in memory slow a PC down

Virus's and actively running software (including hidden active programs such as virus's and active system files and including if they are run from an external source such as a USB stick) will slow a PC down but files stored on a PC do not slow anything down, not unless you totally fill the internal HDD up so there is no room for any cache files then you will see slow down
    Last edited by Zorlon; 6th-September-2015 at 07:57.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

How much are those PS2 dongles? I bought a PS3 controller at Walmart for $15 US last week and it works fantastic for Street Fighter games on ePSXe with no connectors. And no wait for shipping

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

£2 is what I paid for one last time (a single PAD to USB, I was using it with my PS3 for a short time)

I also got the exact one linked for £2.50 (the blue triangle shaped one and hooks up 2 pads)

usually around $5 though but have seen them go for much less and gotten them for much less in the UK, all with no extra postage charges

I won't use my PS3 pad though, the drivers were very unstable though when I tested that both ways that had been available at the time, worked great for a few mins then would loose connection or started to act odd, last time was a long while back now I guess

The dongle things are just plug and play though so no hassle with drivers or software, it's only dual shock that needs a driver that is an install once then forget about it as it just works after that is installed
    Last edited by Zorlon; 6th-September-2015 at 07:53.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

what about Blue Screen of Death?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What about it???

Storing files on a PC will not cause a BSOD

BSOD is a system error (years since I have seen one to be honest)

Can be caused by system files only be that by virus infected system files, bad system files and other programs that are not compatable with your system files, but accessing them, that cause a BSOD (overheating could also cause a BSOD)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 6th-September-2015 at 16:32.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]